Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fishing on the Freedom

On Memorial Day several men from the Morton clan went fishing on the Freedom. They were kind enough to let Samantha tag along. She had so much fun on Saturday she really wanted to go again. Of course she didn't realize how different deep water fishing is compared to shallow water. The guys were fishing for Lemon Fish and of course Sam couldn't reel that big of a fish in. So between catches she watched movies on Brandon's computer in the salon. Whenever someone caught a fish Sam would leave her movie to go run and check things out. The men only ended up catching Sharks. My cousin Conley showed Samantha how to touch the sharks eye and pet it. I think that was to highlight of the trip because she is still talking about how she got to touch the sharks eyes.


This is Samantha with my Paw-paw. Yes, my father looks just like Paw-paw. The guys anchored for a while so Samantha could go swimming with Brandon.


Samantha got to spend some time with Bubba. She misses him so much and was thrilled to see him on the boat. Another highlight of the trip was getting to steer the boat. She told me the boat has a "pirates wheel."

1 comment:

JStraughan said...

That is so cool---I'm so glad Sam didn't get sick. The one time I went deep sea fishing, I was sick for SIX HOURS!!